Location : Cameron Highlands is a district in Pahang, Malaysia.
3.5 hour drive away from Kuala Lumpur and about 3.5 hours away from Penang Island
Best time to visit : The temperature there ranges from 27 °C at daytime to 14 °C at night , rain is all over the year the best time is between (February – April ), whatever the time you decide to go , you must take a jacket as temperature is cold at night even at summer time.
Important Contact Numbers
Police and Ambulance (Hotline): 999
Police Station(Brinchang): +6 05-4911222 & +6 05-4914852
Police Station(Tanah Rata): +6 05-4915443
Police Station(Ringlet): +6 054956222
Hospital Cameron Highlands: +6 05-4911966
Hospital Sultanah Hajjah Kalsom: +6 05-4913333 / 05-4915435
Pos Malaysia (Tanah Rata): +60 5-491 1051
Pos Malaysia (Ringlet): +60 5-495 6067
Fire Station: +6 05-4911003 & +6 05-4914044
Cameron Highlands Bus Service
Unititi Express : +6 05-4911452 & +6 05-4914181
Kurnia Bistari Coaches: +6 05-4911485 & +6 05-4911212
Cameron Highlands Tourism Office : +6 05-4914560
Taxi Service: +6 05-4912355
Cameron Pharmacy : 05 491 4791
HSBC Bank : 05-4911217
A picturesque nature Cameron Highland Heights is one of Malaysia’s best tourist attractions for nature lovers, waterfalls, farms, tropical forests and tea plantations on the mountains.
You must add Cameron Heights in your Malaysia travel program you will enjoy the Barrett waterfall, Iskandar waterfall, Robinson Hill, tea plantations (The tea farms in Cameron Heights are one of the best tourist spots in Cameron) , strawberry plantations, honey bee farms, cold weather in Cameron Highland, a unique mountain-climbing experience at 2000 meters above sea level.
Top Cameron Highlands Attractions
1 – Cameron Bharat Tea Estate
Location: 15-16, Jalan Besar, Cameron Highlands, Pahang, 39000 Tanah Rata, Malaysia
- Wednesday 8:30AM–6PM
- Thursday 8:30AM–6PM
- Friday 8AM–7PM
- Saturday 8AM–7PM
- Sunday 8AM–7PM
- Monday 8:30AM–6PM
- Tuesday 8:30AM–6PM
- Breathtaking view of the tea plantations with endless panoramic view from the upper level for the tea farm.
- You can enjoy the view with a cup of fresh tea at Bharat tea factory café, but make sure to seat at the terrace first row tables.
- You can have a long walk at the farm between the tea trees, take some memorable photos.
- There is a small waterfall down , there is tables and chairs available beside the waterfall, you can seat and enjoy it with the background of the tea plantations.
- You will pay 2 RM per person to enter the farm.
- If you intend to to have a rest at Bharat tea factory and drink some tea or eat cake, you must have a cash with you as they don’t accept credit cards for purchasing less than 50 RM .
- Please note for the café they start to take the orders after half an hour from their opening announcement time ( approximately at 9 Am ), they don’t serve food from Monday to Thursday, maybe later will change their policy but for now take care of this point .
- It is a tourist place so, the prices there for food & drinks are more expensive than other places , they sell also many kinds of tea with different flavors in a high price , if you intend to buy tea from Cameron highland there are many cheaper places to buy from .
- If you have a car , there is a parking area there .
- Try not to go at weekends as much as you can .
2 – Mossy Forest
Location: 39000 Brinchang, Pahang, Malaysia
The mossy forest grows only at the highest elevations of Cameron Highlands and other mountain ranges across Malaysia.
You will visit one of the oldest forest in the world it’s over 3300 ft above sea level , will explore wildlife and many kinds of plants ( mosses, liverworts, ferns, fern allies, pitcher plants, rhododendrons and wild orchids)
Will be lovely adventure for hikers , enjoying the view from the top .
- The jungle hike will take from 2.5 to 4 hours, so get ready with gears and equipment, wear a hiking shoes and sporting attire.
- If you want a faster and easy trip especially if go with kids you can book a tour with a guide ( a group or private tour ), they will reach you up by 4 wheel drive and they will provide you with all information about the Mossy Forest
- Try to get there before 10am to beat the tour groups (the road up to the top is very narrow and there are queues to go up and down ) or go at afternoon but be careful the weather is getting cold, if you go at evening wear a jacket and gloves.
- Mossy Forest has a moist soft ground so don’t go in a rainy day, it will be a dangerous experience (muddy and slippery curved ground), if it is dry day it will be safer and better experience for hiking.
- If you want to hike at Gunung Irau (Mount Irau) you need to get a permit from the Forestry Department.
- Ask before you plan to visit if the Mossy Forest wooden path is open or not as sometimes they close it to the public.
3 – Cameron Lavender
Location: 59, Taman Tringkap, 39100 Brinchang, Pahang, Malaysia
Phone: +60 5-496 1208
Tickets: 10 RM per adult, 7 RM per children aged from 5 – 12 (below 5 is free)
- It’s another famous attraction in Cameron Highlands .
- Place full of many kinds of flower mainly focus on lavender products , perfect place for taking photos for a big variety of flowers planted with nice decorations
- Self picking strawberry from it own farm 200g for RM 10
- Able to self pluck and bring back sunflower at Rm2/stalk or 6stalks for Rm10.
- The park decoration inspired by fairy tale story, snow white etc
- There are many shops and cafés there sell everything about lavender( ice cream, lavender lotions face creams and body wash, lavender plant, , lavender flavored chocolate, many types of cakes, biscuits) they buy also strawberry ice cream , strawberry jam. But it’s pricy you can find some of those products cheaper from the outside.
- Free Parking is available just outside the garden but if you in peak season maybe you can’t find a place to park but don’t worry there is another paid parking near the garden and the market.
- Strawberry plucking is only available during weekends.
- The farm is not such big! That’s why many tourists get upset after visiting that place because they are expecting more and some of them said we expect expansive lavender fields and find at the end a small section for lavender and the other section for another kinds of flowers and the rest for souvenir shops and café, others see it’s a nice garden to visit, take some pictures and do another activity after hiking at Mossy forest or after visiting Cameron Bharat.
4 – Butterfly Farm Cameron Highlands
Location: 43rd Miles,, Kea Farm, 39100, Pahang, Malaysia
- Tuesday 9AM–6PM
- Wednesday 9AM–6PM
- Thursday 9AM–6PM
- Friday 9AM–6PM
- Saturday 8AM–7PM
- Sunday 8AM–7PM
- Monday 9AM–6PM
There is a small zoo behind housing hedgehogs, lizards, kangaroos, bull frogs, snakes, rabbits, stick and leaf insects .
The farm consists of four sections :
- Live butterfly house
You can see many kinds of butterflies
- Insect exhibition
butterfly farm has a collection of beetles that are on display; they had on display Cheirotonus arnaudi, Odontolabis femoralis femoralis, and some other interesting species.
- Reptiles and Amphibians
reptiles and amphibians from Malaysia Rainforest like Agamid Lizard Pit viper, Horned frog and many more.
- Tropical Flower Garden
Tropical Flower Garden comprises of many wild tropical rainforest plants with different colours & types of flowers surrounding you.
- Don’t visit this farm separately , you can take a package to visit 3 or 4 near by farms
- The farm is not such big and still need some maintenance
- The entrance fees is 7 RM
5 – Big Red Strawberry Farm
Location: Brinchang, 39000 Brinchang, Pahang, Malaysia
Opening Hours: daily from 8:30AM – 6:PM
- Considered as the biggest strawberry farm in Cameron Highlands Great place for self picking strawberry , there’s a mini zoo too ( koi fish, ducks and rabbits)
- They also have animals, birds, flowers, cactus valley, vegetables farm at big red strawberry farm. They also sell various type of food produced from strawberry.
- Big Red Strawberry has so many varieties of plants ( cactus and flowers) for sale ( 6 for RM11) you will also enjoy different eatables products made up of only strawberry(strawberry milk shake, frozen strawberry pipe ice cream , Chocolate Fondue , smoothies, nasi lemak , scon And waffle).
- There are a Few kids video games and coin rides (1 RM per ride), good idea for the visitors who have kids.
- You would need to drive up a very steep slope to go up a hill as the farm is higher up. As you go up, you would pass by Cactus valley.
- There is also a shop selling souvenirs, Public rest rooms are available at many part of the farm
- Admission to the farm is free
- Picking strawberries for RM 25/basket approximately 500 gram (Deposit money was RM50 for one basket) or purchase from the shop for RM 5 (small pack) and RM 10 (big pack).
- Please note no self plucking the strawberry at off season.
- Make sure you drive up the hill to get parking
- For the self plucking grab a bucket from counter before 4pm.